One of the most frustrating things that can happen in the kitchen is when your GE refrigerator dispenser stops working. This can cause all sorts of problems, from not being able to get cold water or ice to ruining your food. But don’t worry; there are a few things GE refrigerator repair professionals can do to help.
Determine the Cause
The first step is to determine what is causing the dispenser to malfunction. There are a few things that could be causing the problem. They include:
1. Frozen Water Tube: This is a common problem you can fix by unplugging the refrigerator for a few hours.
2. Clogged Hose: This can be caused by anything from food to dirt and can usually be cleared with a simple cleaning. This usually involves using a snake to remove the hose.
3. Low Water Pressure: It can also stop the dispenser from working. If the water pressure is low, a professional may need to increase the pressure to get the dispenser to work again.
4. Malfunctioning Dispenser Switch: The dispenser switch helps control water flow and can sometimes go bad. In this case, professionals can replace the switch.
5. Fridge Is Not Level: The dispenser will not work correctly if the fridge is not level. You can usually correct this by adjusting the leveling foot on the fridge.
After determining the cause, professionals can start working on fixing the problem.
Repair Dispenser Control Board
The dispenser control board governs most functions in your refrigerator. If it’s faulty, all may not work correctly, including power output from fans which are crucial in maintaining proper temperature levels for foods stored inside and even cause an unsafe condition known as “mold growth.”
To diagnose this problem, start by checking out individual components such as motors (which move doors), coils/ECDI (that produce electricity), and other boards such as defrost timers. If any of these seem to malfunction, then the control board itself is faulty and will need to be replaced.
Unclog the Water Filter
The water filter can become clogged with sediment or other debris, preventing the water from flowing correctly. To unclog the filter, remove it from the fridge and gently rinse it under warm water. Be sure to allow it to dry completely before reinstalling it.
Check the Water Line
The water line may be crimped or kinked, preventing the water from flowing correctly. To check the waterline, remove it from the fridge and check for any obstructions. If there are no obstructions, reattach the waterline and try again.
Replace the Water Inlet Valve
The water inlet valve may be bad if your refrigerator isn’t getting any water. This part is responsible for bringing water into the fridge, and if it’s not working, you won’t be able to get any water from the dispenser. A GE refrigerator repair professional can replace this part if necessary.
Call Magic City Appliance Repair to Fix Your GE Refrigerator Dispenser
When your refrigerator isn’t working, we’re here to help. We have a team of experienced professionals who can diagnose and fix the problem quickly and efficiently. We also offer a wide range of GE refrigerator repair services so that we can help with all your refrigerator needs. Contact us today to get started at 786-655-2507